Present Topiary

This idea came from That Village House. It is absolutely adorable!
I love the urn that she used, BUT I don't have an urn & I wasn't willing to spend $60+ so I decided to make a cheaper version.

This pedestal is from Hobby Lobby. It was $16.99 & I used a 40% off coupon. I just flipped it upside down & there is a hole through it. The paper is also from Hobby Lobby.

The boxes I made. I cut the 6 sides & put them together. Time-consuming, but easier than it sounds. I did 15in, 12in & 9 in.

No rebar in the garage, so I used a long thin piece of wood. With a utility knife I cut rectangles in the box where the wood would slide through. Figuring out the top 2 was tricky. The holes are just slightly off-center, not as exaggerated as I expected.
After I took this pict I filled the top box with plastic bags & it's angling much better now. On the very top box the rebar, (or stick) only go through one side, I found it tricky, getting it to lay right. Part of the problem could be that I ran out of ribbon to complete a bow on the middle box & I could have used that bow to prop the top box in the correct angle.

It hasn't tipped with this base. We don't have much weather, but on That Village House someone suggested to wrap the boxes in plastic table cloths. Maybe it would battle the elements better.
Thanks Tiffany for sharing this super cute project! Visit her site further instruction.

1 comment:

Watson Family said...

I LOVE this, your blogs, and you, truly! I miss you and hope you have a happy Christmas!!!