Christmas To-Do List

My fabulous SIL - Jillian at Food, Folks & Fun hooked me up with one of these. She designed them & has the prints & instructions on her site FOR FREE. The frame was from Michaels. It was originally $40, but hitting up an after Christmas sale brought it down to about $12.

Holiday Centerpiece

Not sure where this one originated. It was posted on CBID Home Decor & Design, but I think it came from somewhere else.
Are cute as her pedestals are, they weren't cheap enough.

What I used was wooden napkin rings & wooden candlesticks. They are sold at Hobby Lobby in the wood craft dept. They each come in bags of 6. To get the 3 levels: Tall- I put 2 napkin rings below the candlestick, Middle- 1 napkin ring, Short- just the candlestick.
At the dollar store I bought a pack of 8 fancy plastic disposable plates. Using E6000 I glued the levels together & sprayed them white.

The squares I made with green foam floral squares. I used my miter saw to size them how I wanted, BUT I will go back & cut the candy one slightly smaller & remake it.  This is for 2 reasons. I want the same amt of candy on each side, 3x3 & it would have meant gaps if I did 3x3 on this, but 4x4 was too much. Secondly, the size of the candies gave it a bulky look. It looks bigger than the other 2, so making it slightly smaller will be more visually appealing, I think.

The other 2 squares are rose pedals & red fuzzy yarn. Also from Hobby Lobby, but bring your coupon. They will each make about 6 sets, but much to pricy for just one.

Present Topiary

This idea came from That Village House. It is absolutely adorable!
I love the urn that she used, BUT I don't have an urn & I wasn't willing to spend $60+ so I decided to make a cheaper version.

This pedestal is from Hobby Lobby. It was $16.99 & I used a 40% off coupon. I just flipped it upside down & there is a hole through it. The paper is also from Hobby Lobby.

The boxes I made. I cut the 6 sides & put them together. Time-consuming, but easier than it sounds. I did 15in, 12in & 9 in.

No rebar in the garage, so I used a long thin piece of wood. With a utility knife I cut rectangles in the box where the wood would slide through. Figuring out the top 2 was tricky. The holes are just slightly off-center, not as exaggerated as I expected.
After I took this pict I filled the top box with plastic bags & it's angling much better now. On the very top box the rebar, (or stick) only go through one side, I found it tricky, getting it to lay right. Part of the problem could be that I ran out of ribbon to complete a bow on the middle box & I could have used that bow to prop the top box in the correct angle.

It hasn't tipped with this base. We don't have much weather, but on That Village House someone suggested to wrap the boxes in plastic table cloths. Maybe it would battle the elements better.
Thanks Tiffany for sharing this super cute project! Visit her site further instruction.